Estimator (Hanover, Maryland)
- Division: Engineered Products Group
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Hanover, MD
This role supports the Engineered Products Group by facilitating initial steps in the bidding process and maintaining contact with the bid until it is awarded. Must be detail and customer service oriented, technically inclined, and have excellent organizational skills. Position requires correspondence with sales team, customers, and vendors. The position will require extensive knowledge in all core product lines and be proficient in equipment selections. Must be strong in Microsoft applications and be able to work well with others in a fast-paced & high-volume environment.
- Work with estimating team to “take-off” jobs and compile a list of bidding opportunities using contractor’s requests, construction, and customer websites/FTP sites. Transfer this information into our web-based bid calendar and shared document site.
- Receive, download, organize, and review all bid documents issued by owners, architects, engineers, and contractors to prepare proposals and solutions in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
- Learn and use factory selection software to select, price, and provide best engineered solution for each application.
- Communicate and coordinate with architects, engineers, and contractors for clarifications of bidding documents.
- Communicate and coordinate with sales team to ensure that bids are prepared properly.
- Enter project information into the company’s web-based quoting and tracking system.
- Make sure all bids are sent out on time with completeness to all bidding contractors.
- Coordinate with other various representative firms of the company’s product lines if necessary.
- Follow-up on all quotes to determine successful bidder. When a successful bidder is confirmed, coordinate internally to secure the project.
- Quote and close business with house accounts.
- Remain knowledgeable on products and technologies that Chesapeake Systems represents.
- Complete miscellaneous tasks requested by manager.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- This position works in an office environment and must be able to operate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to use a computer to access, input and retrieve information.
- Must be able to move files and materials generally weighing up to 10 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Respond with your resume and salary requirements, please.
Division: Engineered Products Group
Location: Hanover, MD